May 3, 2011
Posted by admin
Installing Oracle’s ODAC drivers can be a struggle since the installation guide, from both Oracle and Microsoft, does not spell out the gotcha’s. After a few days of testing, we finally got it right. Here are the steps taken to ensure that both versions are supported by BizTalk 2010.
1. Download both 32-bit and 64-bit of Oracle Instant Client (http://www.oracle.com/technetwork/database/features/instant-client/index-097480.html)
2. First install the 64-bit version. This is important! If you install 32-bit version version first then you’ll run into a slew of errors during installation.
3. When prompted for installation options, choose custom install.
4. Select the following components:
Oracle Counter for Windows Performance
Data Provider for .NET
5. After 64-bit client is installed, install 32-bit client next.
6. For 32-bit client install, choose the same components as 64-bit install. Make sure to install to a different file folder than the 64-bit folder.
7. Choose ignore if there is a warning regarding the existence of MTC
8. After both installation is completed, verify the following components are installed.
Oracle.DataAccess 188.8.131.52 (X86 and AMD64)
Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess (X86 and AMD64)
Policy.2.111.Oracle.DataAccess (X86 and AMD64)
9. If the 64-bit version of Policy.2.102.Oracle.DataAccess or Policy.2.111.Oracle.DataAccess is missing in GAC, goto